Art and Design
At Rainford Church of England Primary School we pride ourselves as being a school that engages, inspires and challenges pupils to become creative and cultured individuals, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design.
We aim to use our strong links with our village community to produce a wide range of art work, using a range of media, which is proudly displayed alongside other schools and local artists. We intend for the children in our school to see the arts as part of their journey to self-discover into adulthood.
A child in Rainford C of E Primary School will be able to:
- Create a range of 2D and 3D art work,
- Use a sketch book to develop their ideas over time,
- Evaluate the works of famous artists/architects,
- Use others art work to influence their own,
- Experiment with a wide range of media and make suitable choices,
- Appreciate the importance of art and how it changes through history
- Contribute to art exhibitions and talk about their art work.
We follow the aims of the 2014 National Curriculum for art, which state that children should:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms